The Queensland nursery industry contributes more than $880 million to the Queensland economy and employs approximately 6,000 people in more than 2,000 small to medium sized businesses.
The bulk of Queensland nursery production is undertaken in the southeast corner with an estimated 70% of all greenlife produced between Noosa and the NSW border and west to Toowoomba. The remaining 30% of Queensland nursery production occurs throughout regional Queensland, generally hubbed around the major coastal centres from Gympie to Cairns.
The Nursery & Garden Industry Queensland (NGIQ) is the leading association for production and retail nurseries, garden centres, allied trade and service providers.
Our key role is to provide a range of relevant and cost-effective services to members. We provide technical, industrial and commercial services keeping you informed on current issues, and providing business opportunities at our Trade Days and Spring Green Expo.
NGIQ ASSOCIATION OFFICEUnit 1 / 250 Orange Grove Road
SALISBURY QLD 4107
PO Box 345
SALISBURY QLD 4107
T: 07 3277 7900
F: 07 3277 7109
Suncoast Water Gardens & Wholesale Nursery
VICE PRESIDENTElaine Duncan
Flourish Plants North Queensland Pty Ltd
LIFE MEMBERSEdward Bunker
Garden City Plastics
Bush Garden Nursery
The Springs Garden World
Northern Tropical Plants
Jackies Wholesale Nurseries (Zoomgarden)
Go Green Rainforest Nursery
Phil Sherriff Nursery
Your local NGIQ branch hosts regular networking events throughout the year. These events offer an opportunity to mix with other business owners, share ideas and promote your products in a friendly informal atmosphere.
As part of our commitment to keeping members informed of relevant business issues, new legislation and technical issues, we offer a range of workshops and seminars to ensure you're kept informed of important developments. These include workshops on biosecurity threats, pests and disease, crop nutrition and business management.
As the voice of the industry, NGIQ has achieved much to influence government policy and to keep debate focused on key issues.
NGIQ is a member of Queensland Farmers Federation which unites 16 peak rural industry organisations providing powerful representation to more than 13,000 primary producers.
Working together with other industry groups enables us to express the strength of the horticulture sector on behalf of our members.
Queensland Garden Shows
NGIQ members are able to participate in Queensland Garden Expo at Nambour and the new Brisbane International Garden Show. Attracting over 50,000 visitors each year, these Garden Events have become destinations for locals and tourists.
Trade Day Community
Trade Day is held in Brisbane 10 times and twice in Toowoomba each year. This is the regular market place for sourcing the best stock from a network of Queensland's leading production nurseries. Trade Days attract regular buyers from retail centres, local government, landscapers and florists.