New South Wales & ACT
Based in Sydney the Nursery & Garden Industry NSW & ACT (NGINA) was established in the 1940's to provide a professional body for growers and sellers of quality plants and allied products. Since then it has developed into an influential organisation, looking after the interests of both people and businesses within the New South Wales & ACT nursery and garden industry.
Our key role is to keep you informed on all matters relating to the industry. We provide opportunities through training and education to improve the performance of your business. As the peak industry body in New South Wales & ACT, we also represent you with government relations and advocacy in areas such as training and education planning, water management, biosecurity, weeds and the environment.
We are working closely with other allied associations to be stronger advocates to Government on issues that directly affect the whole of industry.
NGINA Association OfficeNursery Industry House
344-348 Annangrove Road
ROUSE HILL NSW 2155
PO Box 3013
ROUSE HILL NSW 2155
T: 02 9679 1472
F: 02 9679 1655
NGIA RepresentativeMike Mehigan
Millthorpe Garden Nursery
Chief Executive OfficerDavid Foster E: firstname.lastname@example.org
NGINA StaffMember & Communications Officer
Administration & Event Co-ordinator
Nursery Industry Development Officers
Des Boorman (Tweed-Brunswick & Northern Rivers Regions)
Life MembersPeter Albery
Waratah Awards1992 Valerie Swane OBE
1997 John Hoare
1998 Dal Dutch
2002 Jocelyn John
2006 Elwyn Swane
2008 Ben Swane
Special Interest Groups
NGINA operates a number of Special Interest and Regional Groups that allow business owners to meet with people of similar interests and network across that group to share ideas and promote causes. These groups also hold meetings with speakers on a broad range of topics aimed at improving your business.
Every year we organise three 1 day conferences across NSW and ACT to make it easier for busy members to access these valuable events. They are must attend occasions where you can get up to date technical information, marketing and business planning tools to help improve your business.
Benefits Of Membership
There is every reason to be a member when we offer:
- Employer advocacy on Award matters, termination & dismissal guidelines, contract of employment etc.
- Member only access to professional assistance and buying benefits.
- Priority access to the Business & Technical Support Officer – Introduction to new technologies, efficient operations and industry best practice.
- Access to opportunities to develop and increase business skills, merchandising techniques and promotional opportunities for owners of retail garden centres.
- Assistance and discounted fees on industry accreditation for Garden Centres, Production Nurseries and Media Manufacturers.
- Work Health and Safety Compliance, which is a fundamental requirement for all businesses. We provide WHS mentoring and seminars free to members from an experienced specialist in this field.
- Workshops tailored to the needs of the industry. These are either free or subsidised for members.
- Platform of Industry Awards that highlight the achievement of the best of the best in their category and provides benchmarking for industry participants.
- Free subscription to our industry magazine Nursery & Garden News. Keep updated on what’s happening in the industry, the latest on business skills development, technology, sales techniques, research and development trends as well as information to improve your business performance.
- Regular industry emails and updates.
Trade Day Expo Sydney
These are the premier trade events in NSW, showcasing all that is on offer from an industry that leads the way in horticulture. This is a fantastic opportunity to mix with both buyers and sellers (local and interstate), share information and promote your business in a friendly informal atmosphere. It also hosts Fusion Showcase, where the best of what's new is showcased to the industry and judged.
Trade Day Markets
Trade Day is a great way for buyers to meet sellers, it is generally held on the first Tuesday of the month in Sydney at Rouse Hill and trading begins at 6.am. Trade Day is open to members and registered buyers who, through Trade Day, gain the advantage of face-to-face contact with growers and allied traders. NGINA Regional Trade Days are also held in Dubbo, Newcastle and Wagga Wagga each month and seasonally in the Mid North Coast and Northern Rivers regions. For further information on Trade Days please phone NGINA, on (02) 9679 1472 or email email@example.com