Receive valuable business and industry information for free. Comprising a range of digital and printed publications, our communications are designed to deliver comprehensive and timely information in a format that suits you.
These publications are supported by the nursery industry levy, which means any business in the Australian nursery and garden industry is eligible to subscribe free of charge.
Your Levy @ Work is a monthly e newsletter featuring stories and case studies relevant to the industry and the National Strategic Plan. Presented in a clear and easy to read format, Your Levy @ Work brings you the latest news and updates on your levy-funded marketing and research & development programs. It is also linked to the NGIA Facebook site.
A Bright Web Of Information
The NGIA websites are user-friendly, succinct and have a modern, industry appropriate design. The Nursery & Garden Industry website contains a wealth of resources to benefit both you and your business.
Key areas on the website include:
- Marketing and environmental promotions such as 202020 Vision, Plant Safely and Grow Me Instead
- Training & Recognition – Available and upcoming workshops and courses, information on Certified Nursery Professional (CNP), Business Improvement – Accreditation for garden centres, production nurseries and growing media suppliers
- Publications and Resources – Free downloadable publications such as market research reports, Nursery Papers plus publications available for purchase
- Environmental initiatives for dealing with issues such as climate change and biosecurity
- Full reports of levy funded projects
- Copies of industry submissions
Your Levy @ Work
This electronic publication is sent to subscribers monthly and provides an update on levy funded projects. It will also enable growers to understand where their levy funds are invested. Links are provided for in depth information.
National Nursery News
The National Nursery News Network (NNN Network) will provide members with the latest news and information on key activities and issues being addressed by NGIA. It is an integrated communications platform that will allow two-way interaction between NGIA and members.
Plant Life Balance website
The Plant Life Balance website was developed in 2012 and relaunched in October 2017.
The redesigned website provides details of the science behind the health and well-being benefits of plants. It also contains specific looks, plant suggestions, accredited Plant Life Balance nurseries and other information to help with achieving a plant life balance at home, work and school.
Plant Safely is the only industry website dedicated to guidelines on all aspects of garden safety.
The Plant Safely Website features:
- Details re correct use of growing media
- Guidelines for safe and effective use of plant protection products
- Lists of harmful plants
- Guidelines on invasive plants aka weeds
- Industry information, contacts & links
The Nursery Production Farm Management System website is a new website showcasing the NPFMS program as well as providing easy access to technical information. Designed to support production nursery growers, growing media manufacturers and greenlife market operators the website will be an essential tool for anyone in the industry.
Nursery Papers aim to develop your knowledge and expertise in areas relevant to your work in the nursery and garden industry. The papers explore a wide variety of business, technical and marketing issues. Each paper recommends strategies that can be implemented immediately in your business. Download these from the NGIA website www.ngia.com.au.
NGIA Social Media
Facebook and Twitter are used by NGIA to communicate pertinent industry news, resources and tools arising from levy funded programs.