Trade Register 2017
Welcome to the 2017 edition of the Nursery & Garden Industry Australia Trade Register. This is the official publication of the Australian Nursery Industry, available in both printed and online versions and features Australia's leading nursery and allied businesses, working to achieve a higher percentage of Greenlife in the urban environment, providing products for production horticulture and the export of new technologies and genetics to countries around the World.
Finding What You Want
This 2017 edition features information in an easy to find format and features businesses from the following sectors:
- Production Nurseries
- Propagation Nurseries
- Specialty Garden Centres
- Allied Traders
- Growing Media Suppliers
- Landscaping services
- Training Providers
- And more
By using the products and services section you will be able to quickly find a business that can be contacted to meet your needs.
The benefits of being a member of your local Nursery & Garden Industry Association are detailed in the State Association sections along with key contact details.
As the peak body for the Australian nursery and garden industry, Nursery & Garden Industry Australia (NGIA) is responsible for overseeing the national development of our industry. This includes:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to the industry;
- Liaising with the federal government departments and authorities on relevant industry issues;
- Working with Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited (HIAL) to determine industry research and development (R&D) and marketing initiatives as well as levy funding priorities as detailed in the Industry Strategic Investment Plan;
- Ensuring communication of relevant industry information; and
- Working with the state Nursery & Garden Industries (NGIs) to ensure unity, strength and synergy.
NGIA and the state and territory NGIs represent all sectors of the industry including producers, wholesalers, retailers, allied traders and consultants. By joining your state NGI, you will receive automatic membership of NGIA. An affiliation fee is included in your membership fee and paid to NGIA by your Association.
The Constitution for NGIA is included in this publication.